Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Kinver and Enville

Okay it's not Worcestershire, but Kinver lies on the border, we used to walk there in our youth.
I know some of my family lived there, hence today's visit.
Visited here many times and yet to find the church open.


Main graveyard is over the lane, in a lovely setting.
BBC used this one for the weather on Midlands Today.
 


The Roll of Honour is situated in the village.





And while I was in the area I thought a walk around Enville's 12th century church would be in order.
And what a welcoming church tea and coffee making facilities for visitors.


The war memorial is in the village, couple hundred yards from the church.




Some really old headstones, but the majority have corroded and totally unreadable, but I do have plenty of photos of the readable ones, just email me at spennellspensioner@gmail.com with name and church and I can see if I have a photo.
Totally free service.

No comments:

Post a Comment