Thursday, November 21, 2019

Kinlet and Chelmarsh

Okay so not Worcestershire, but as I have to make several weekly visits to Kinlet in Shropshire for the next few months and have a couple of spare hours on each visit I thought I might as well look around the local churches.
First and hour or so around Kinlet, a very pretty and interesting church and I shall add more photos soon.

Chelmarsh looked interesting from the outside but it was locked, hopefully it will be open on my next visit, will also have a look at Highly, judging by the size of the town that will be quite large.

Not the best of weather today and so glad I took my flask of coffee with me.

Kinlet Church





Chelmarsh Church

As with Kinlet a lot of the headstones are now virtually un-readable and a lot are well past being able to decipher which is a shame and such a loss.



No comments:

Post a Comment